[IPP] printing job with different finishings

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Mon May 13 18:26:17 UTC 2024

Hey Michael,

Am 13.05.2024 um 18:03 schrieb Michael Sweet:
> WRT "job-hold-until", that should just be included in the Create-Job or Print-Job request in the job-attributes-tag group.  Otherwise your requests look good.

Okay, I'll try.

> The printer *should* be returning a client-error-attributes-or-values-not-supported (or successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes) status code with the "overrides" attribute in the unsupported-attributes-tag group, rather than "client-error-bad-request" since the request is valid, just not supported.

Yeah. It does return "successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes"
in "Validate-Job, but fails in "Print-Job". Seems like the device has a
very broken firmware.

> The printer doesn't include "print-color-mode" in the "overrides-supported" values, which is why even the "no-finishings" version of the Print-Job request fails.

Dropping "print-color-mode" leads to the same problem. The print only
passes when I completly remove "overrides".

     sides (keyword) = two-sided-long-edge
     finishings (enum) = staple
     overrides (collection) = {document-numbers=1-1 pages=1-2
sides=one-sided finishings=none}
print-overrides                                                      [FAIL]
     RECEIVED: 72 bytes in response
     status-code = client-error-bad-request (client-error-bad-request)

:-(

> The printer doesn't support the Document object extension which is why it ignores attributes in the document-attributes-tag group and thus doesn't support per-Document overrides... :/

Okay, I'm doomed. Never again Xerox in the future!

Thanks for your time,
Tobias