[IPP] printing job with different finishings

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Mon May 13 16:03:30 UTC 2024

Tobias,

WRT "job-hold-until", that should just be included in the Create-Job or Print-Job request in the job-attributes-tag group.  Otherwise your requests look good.

The printer *should* be returning a client-error-attributes-or-values-not-supported (or successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes) status code with the "overrides" attribute in the unsupported-attributes-tag group, rather than "client-error-bad-request" since the request is valid, just not supported.  The printer doesn't include "print-color-mode" in the "overrides-supported" values, which is why even the "no-finishings" version of the Print-Job request fails.

The printer doesn't support the Document object extension which is why it ignores attributes in the document-attributes-tag group and thus doesn't support per-Document overrides... :/