P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> PWG-1394 Mtg in San Fran

RE: P1394> PWG-1394 Mtg in San Fran

From: Farrell, Lee (lfarrell@cissc.canon.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 01:01:30 EDT

    According to a decision at the previous meeting, we were NOT going to have a
    meeting unless a draft proposal was issued (or at least announced) before
    the end of May:

    MOTION: Brian Batchelder moved that the following two work items should be
    accepted as future tasks for the group:
     - Solving "the multi-instance Initiator problem"
     - 1394.3 Printing Profiles
    VOTE: The motion passed without opposition.

    MOTION: Brian Batchelder moved that the July meeting should only be held if
    a draft proposal for at least one of the work item topics is distributed by
    the end of May. [It is expected that a complete proposal will be distributed
    by June 26.]
    VOTE: The motion passed without opposition.
    ACTION: Brian Batchelder will issue a "call for proposal(s)" on the two work
    items.

    To the best of my knowledge, there has NOT been any proposal issued (did I
    miss it?) -- and I have not seen any new agenda items published for a
    meeting in July. Does someone have a proposal that will be distributed by
    June 26?

    Greg and/or Brian: if you want to have a meeting without a proposal issued,
    could you please comment about the (apparent) change to the previous
    agreement?

    [I realize that the ISTO has already committed us for a full week of PWG
    meetings, and it might be too late to cancel at this point. However, I still
    wanted to raise the question...]

    Thanks,

    lee