McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sat Jan 25 19:59:04 EST 2003

Copies: PWG Semantic Model <sm at pwg.org>
        FSG Job Ticket <printing-jobticket at freestandards.org>
        Tom Hastings <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com>
        Ira McDonald <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>

Hi folks,                                     Saturday (25 January 2003)

I've just sent 'The MIME application/vnd.cip4-jdf+xml Content-Type' to
the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/jobticket/JDF_extensions' in
the files:

    <draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt> - IETF-style plaintext
    <draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.htm> - HTML w/ live TOC
    <draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.pdf> - PDF w/ live TOC

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (editor of IANA Charset MIB)
  High North Inc
  imcdonald at sharplabs.com

Copies: Internet Drafts Editor <internet-drafts at ietf.org>
        Tom Hastings <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com>
        Ira McDonald <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>

I-D Editor,                                   Saturday (25 January 2003)

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt>

Abstract

   The International Cooperation for the Integration of Processes in
   Prepress, Press, and Postpress (CIP4) is an international worldwide
   standards body located in Switzerland.  The purpose of CIP4 is to
   encourage computer based integration of all processes that have to be
   considered in the graphic arts industry.  CIP4 has defined two
   document formats that are encoded in W3C Extensible Markup Language
   (XML):
   (1) CIP4 Job Definition Format (JDF) - an open standard for
       integration of all computer aided business and production
       processes around print media;
   (2) CIP4 Job Messaging Format (JMF) - an open standard for job
       messaging using Hyper Text Transport Protocol/1.1 (HTTP/1.1,
       RFC2616) that defines Query, Command, Response, Acknowledge, and
       Signal message families.

   This document defines two new MIME sub-types for IANA registration:
   (1) 'application/vnd.cip4-jdf+xml' for CIP4 Job Definition Format;
   (2) 'application/vnd.cip4-jmf+xml' for CIP4 Job Messaging Format.

Thanks very much,
- Ira McDonald (co-editor)
  High North Inc
  imcdonald at sharplabs.com