[IPP] [EXTERNAL SENDER]: Re: Update IANA registry in advance of errata resolution for Issue #113?

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Mon Aug 8 21:15:14 UTC 2022

Smith,

> On Aug 8, 2022, at 4:22 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
>> So, it looks like media-col-ready/media-size/y-dimension should have a syntax of integer(0:MAX)|rangeOfInteger(1:MAX) while all of the other x-dimension and y-dimension member attributes should be integer(1:MAX)|rangeOfInteger(1:MAX).
>
> Since media-col-ready/media-size/y-dimension will have a syntax of integer(0:MAX)|rangeOfInteger(1:MAX), that means that media-col-database/media-size/y-dimension will have the same syntax, since media-col-ready is a subset of media-col-database, correct?

Not exactly, no.  "media-col-database" provides the supported combinations/values for "media-col", while "media-col-ready" provides the ready/loaded values for "media-col".  The kicker is that a "y-dimension" value of 0 effectively means "unknown how much is left on the roll" so a Client can supply any value that is allowed for the corresponding source in "media-col-database".

This is something I'll need to talk about in some detail in the 5100.7 update.

Michael Sweet