[IPP] RFC: IPP Finishings 3.0 "laminating-type" value 'water-resistant'

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Thu Jun 2 19:50:54 UTC 2022

All,

We had one semi-technical comment for the IPP Finishings 3.0 formal vote concerning the new 'silicone' value for the "laminating-type" member attribute.  The commenter suggested changing this to 'water-resistant' in order to better reflect the semantics of the type of lamination as well as making it neutral on which actual material is used to provide water resistance.

The consensus in today's IPP workgroup conference call was to make this change, however we also wanted to make sure that the previous 'silicone' value has not yet been deployed.

Please respond (privately, if necessary) to let us know whether you have any objections to replacing the "laminating-type" value 'silicone' with 'water-resistant'.  If we don't get an objection before June 10, 2022 then we will assume that publication of IPP Finishings 3.0 can proceed as planned.

Thank you!

Michael Sweet