P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> connection for Function or Service

RE: P1394> connection for Function or Service

Nagasaka Fumio (Nagasaka.Fumio@exc.epson.co.jp)
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 10:38:52 +0900

Greg Shue wrote:
>Whether we multiplex connections over a login or have separate
>logins, each service is accessed over a connection, and each
>connection requires flow control and send/receive queues.
>This is a non-issue in the decision.

Agreed. The profile 0.52 is describing TRANSPORT_CAPABILITIES
command to ease to support flow control. Right? However when
we choose “multiplex connections over a login”, then can we use
same method? If not, do you prefer connections over multiple LUNs?

Greg Shue wrote:
>A larger issue with "current PC OS" implementation may be how
>many outstanding requests can be supported at once by the SBP-2
>driver.

Please write some more,,, as I could not figure out what are
“outstanding requests” on PC OS platform. Are you saying how many
outstanding ORBs can be supported at once over multiple LUUs?

Thank you,
Fumio Nagasaka