Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xeroxlabs.com
Mon Oct 16 08:55:41 EDT 2006

All,

The PWG Semantic Model Schema that will be used for the Face to Face
meeting at Lexmark is now available.  It is valid under XMLSpy ver 2006
rel 3 sp2 and XSV v2.10-1.  There are currently a lot of warnings all of
which have to do with issues relating to includes and imports across the
entire schema.  There are "differences in opinion" with the tools on
when included/imported elements and types are valid.  For now I
published the version valid under XSV.   I will continue to use the
simplified version allowed by XML SPY and prefer to work with each
schema being valid on its own as well as when part of the PWG Semantic
Model.  The only difference between the XSV valid and the XML SPY valid
versions are some extra imports in some of the upper (i.e. closer to the
schema root) schema files.

The schema is available at:
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic-Model/Schema/PwgSm_101506.zip>

For those of you without tools to graphically navigate the schema I put
an HTML document generated by XML SPY up on the FTP site.  This document
limits the children of Server to Services, Subunits and System since
this is where the focus of the discussions will be.
Warning: This document is just over 5M.
Note: Start browsing the schema by opening the PwgSm_2_0.html file and
following the Server link under the Elements section of the
PwgSemanticModel.xsd schema.
The document is available at:
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic-Model/Schema/PwgSmDoc_101506.zip>

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Innovation Group