SM> SM Schema update

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xeroxlabs.com
Fri Apr 7 12:21:32 EDT 2006

All,

I have created an updated version of the SM schema.  I hope this can be
the basis for extension work.
A local version (i.e. relative links to schema files stored in the same
directory) of the schema is available at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic-Model/Schema/PWG-SM-040706.zip
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic-Model/Schema/PWG-SM-040706.zip> >.
I have included an XMLSPY project file.

The date when I can have an straw man schema that includes Subunits,
Counters and Imaging Device Services Framework is right now.

What I have done is
1) Added the subunits as a peer of the services (e.g. Printer)
2) Added services for an Imaging device (e.g. FaxIn)
3) Included Counters which I believe are up to date with the approved
specification
4) Added includes to all subschema so that each is valid on its own
(makes it easier to edit and traverse)
5) Update the SM namespace

What I have not done is
1) Resolve the name conflict between Subunits and SM (I put Subunits in
its own namespace as a stopgap solution)
2) Renamed the services to be consistent with WIMS
3) Added WIMS (except for Subunits)
4) Updated the master list of elements
5) Done anything to the SM specification

Pete
Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Innovation Group