SM> Remaining issue in Document object spec

Zehler, Peter PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Tue Jul 1 13:14:40 EDT 2003

All,
I did not capture the resolution (if any) on the following issue from Dennis
Carney.

ISSUE:
I definitely believe that we need a "Document-equivalent" of
job-collation-type.  It would have different semantics, since the Job level
semantics include the concept of documents, but I believe that since it is
useful to know whether a Job is doing collated or uncollated copies, it
would also be useful to know the same for Documents.

Proposed resolutions:
<TH>I disagree.  If we did add a Document attribute, it would need to have
the same value as at the Job Level, since you can't collate some documents
and not collate other documents in the same job.  We don't duplicate on the
Document object other Job level attributes that apply to the job as a whole,
such as "job-name", "job-hold", "job-priority", "job-finishing".</TH>

Before I put the updated document I would like to get consensus.  Please
respond on the IPP list.

Opinions?
Pete

				Peter Zehler