Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Oct 28 11:00:32 EST 2002

We agreed not to require the client to support any Document operations,
because of the various kinds of clients:  Job submitting ones, Operator
clients that control the system, and Monitoring clients that monitor the
system.  Also a Job submitting client might monitor the system using, say,
the PWG Job Monitoring MIB, instead of the Get-Document-Attributes and
Get-Documents operations.

How about a conditional client conformance statement like the following:

A client MAY support any of the Document object operations defined in
section 3.  However, if the client supports supplying Document Template
attributes in Document Creation operations, then the client MUST support all
of the following Document operations:  Create-Document, Send-Data,
Send-Document, Get-Document-Attributes, Get-Documents, and Cancel-Document.

Comments?

Thanks,
Tom