PWG-ANNOUNCE> RFC 3712 - LDAP Printer Schema

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Feb 24 15:45:29 EST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm very proud to announce that RFC 3712 (LDAP Printer Schema)
is now available at:

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3712.txt

This document has a normative dependency (for modern matching
rules) on RFC 3698, also released today at:

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3698.txt

Thanks to Pat Fleming (principal editor), who wrote this document
based on my previous work (with much help from PWG members) on
the IETF standard SLP Printer Template.  Thanks especially to
Hugo Parra (Novell), Ken Jones (formerly Sun), and Harry Lewis
(IBM) for their significant contributions to this document.

Several vendors (including Novell, IBM, and Sun) have already
deployed operating systems and applications that support this
industry standard LDAP Printer Schema.  Over time, we hope other
vendors will do so.  This will greatly improve network printer
discovery in enterprise networks.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434