[IPP Everywhere Self-Certification] IPP Everywhere™ Printer Self-Certification Tools v1.1 Update 4 fails on Windows 11

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:43:50 UTC 2022

I installed this version of the IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certification
Tools

- https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/tools/sw-ippeveselfcert11-20220819-windows.msi
- on Windows 11

but running .\dnssd-tests.bat results in multiple messages like:

   Sending output to "C:\Users\kurtp\Desktop\HP PageWide MFP P57750
\[5B6968].plist"...
   Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
   (Translation from German: System cannot find the provided path)

However, "C:\Users\kurtp\Desktop\" DOES exist.

The printer name "HP PageWide MFP P57750 \[5B6968]" using the escaped
square bracket I retrieved with the help of "ipptool
get-printer-attributes.test" as the value for the printer-dns-sd-name
attribute.

Also, I'm not convinced that line 40 of the batchfile

    ippfind _ipp._tcp,_print.local. -T 5 --literal-name "%name%

can work given that line 16 previously had re-defined

    set name=%name:~1,-1%

thusly stripping the first and the last character from the original %name%
(for whatever reason).