[IPP] IPP WG Last Call: IPP Job Extensions v2.1 (JOBEXT)

Benjamin Gordon bmgordon at chromium.org
Tue Dec 6 17:57:31 UTC 2022

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 4:37 PM Michael Sweet via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> This message starts the IPP workgroup last call of the IPP Job Extensions
> v2.1 (JOBEXT) specification, available at:
>
>         https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobext21-20221124.pdf
>
> This last call ends on December 8, 2022.  Please "reply all" to this
> message to provide any feedback.

Two questions:

1. What does it mean that all the client-info member attributes are
required in section 6.1.1, but client-info-supported from section 6.9.1 is
defined to list the supported members?  For example, if a printer only
lists client-name in client-info-supported, does it have to implement the
rest anyway?

2. We previously had a printer-requested-client-type in NODRIVER to tell
the client which values of client-type are the most important.  I don't see
it in the new JOBEXT draft.  Did it get dropped or does it need to be
copied over as well?

Thanks,
Benjamin