[IPP] OAuth 2.0 and RAR - do we need new attributes?

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue Nov 22 16:34:44 UTC 2022

Smith,

> On Nov 22, 2022, at 11:23 AM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Hello,
>
> Assuming we pursue RAR in our IPP OAuth 2.0 enhancements, do we need to have the printer provide some of what the Authentication Service discovery metadata provides for RAR via IPP attribute(s)?

Possibly.  We shouldn't duplicate authoritative information that can be obtained by querying the oauth-authorization-server-uri, but when necessary we should report values that apply only to the Printer such as the oauth-authorization-scope attribute (since an AS can have many more scopes than are used for printing...)

Michael Sweet