[IPP] Add "oauth-authorization-resource" attribute?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Nov 8 02:46:04 UTC 2022

That sounds right - I couldn't remember how this played out and it doesn't seem to be covered in the wiki page.

However, I'm worried about that conclusion. If we advise that the Client supplies the "printer-uri" value as the resource identifier, wouldn't this mean that the Authentication Service needs to know the printer's current URI? That could be in the .local domain which isn't really any more useful or verifiable than a printer-uuid value. (Obviously how the printer and Authentication Service talk to one another is outside our scope of concern but that would affect whether the printer could register its URI with the Authentication Service.)

It seems like we could define the attribute but then provide guidance for how best to use it?

Smith