[IPP] RFC: "job-processing-time (integer(0:MAX))" Job Status attribute

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue Nov 1 16:53:19 UTC 2022

Smith,

I'd like to include JOBEXT in the first day of the F2F discussions, and then we can discuss whether there are other useful values to track and report for accounting that are a) well understood and b) fit with the scope of JOBEXT.

That said, this is supposed to be a quick errata update of JOBEXT to clear up confusion WRT media-col-database/ready and address the other pending issues.  Adding job-processing-time makes sense given the existing job-hold-until and job-delay-until content, but JOBEXT isn't a job accounting spec.

> On Nov 1, 2022, at 12:09 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Agree and sounds like a good addition! While we have it open, are there any other job accounting additions that make sense? Perhaps we could reach out to some of the membership before the November 2022 F2F and discuss more there if anything surfaces?
>
> Smith
>
> /**
>    Smith Kennedy
>    HP Inc.
> */
>
>> On Nov 1, 2022, at 7:07 AM, Michael Sweet via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>>
>> Signed PGP part
>> CAUTION: External Email
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I am preparing an updated draft of the IPP Job Extensions v2.1 specification (itself an errata update) and one of the comments from the initial review requested a note for accounting implementations WRT [date-]time-at-processing.
>>
>> Since some accounting solutions use processing time for billing, and since processing time is not "time-at-completed - time-at-processing", it occurred to me that we could simply add an attribute to report the actual processing time.
>>
>> Thoughts?

>> Michael Sweet

Michael Sweet