[IPP] RFC: "job-processing-time (integer(0:MAX))" Job Status attribute

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue Nov 1 13:07:15 UTC 2022

All,

I am preparing an updated draft of the IPP Job Extensions v2.1 specification (itself an errata update) and one of the comments from the initial review requested a note for accounting implementations WRT [date-]time-at-processing.

Since some accounting solutions use processing time for billing, and since processing time is not "time-at-completed - time-at-processing", it occurred to me that we could simply add an attribute to report the actual processing time.

Thoughts?

Michael Sweet