[IPP] Prototyping experience: IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue Aug 30 21:55:52 UTC 2022

All,

I have completed prototyping of the August 17, 2022 draft of the IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 in the PAPPL code base.  Aside from a missing xxx-supported attribute the prototyping went smoothly as PAPPL already supported the original 1.0 version of this specification (when it was "IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set 3") so I just needed to add the new attributes.

I also added a separate ipptool test file to the ippsample repository for the new specification, and used it to verify I had all of the required attributes, values, and operations.

Michael Sweet