[IPP] Updated draft of PPX posted

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Fri Jul 8 19:32:12 UTC 2022

All,

I have posted an updated stable draft of the IPP Production Printing Extensions v2.0 (PPX) specification to:

	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippppx20-20220708.docx
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippppx20-20220708.pdf
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippppx20-20220708-rev.pdf

Prototyping of all required attributes in the ippsample project is basically complete (testing separator-sheets support in ipptransform now), so I've made this draft STABLE.  The major changes from the last prototype draft are:

- "cover-back", "cover-front", and "insert-sheets" are now DEPRECATED because we don't know of any publicly available implementations and they can be implemented using the more generic "overrides" attribute from PWG 5100.6.
- "x-side1-image-offset-supported", "x-side2-image-offset-supported", "y-side1-image-offset-supported", and "y-side2-image-offset-supported" are now OBSOLETE because there seems little point in having four more printer description attributes with the same rangeOfInteger values as the base "x/y-image-offset-supported" attributes.

Michael Sweet