[IPP] IPP sample code repository update of note...

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Wed May 11 21:42:11 UTC 2022

All,

I have just pushed a major change to the ippsample repository that switches from the old "copy all of the CUPS source code" mechanism to using Git submodules to pull in the CUPS (v3) library and tools.  Aside from making it easier to maintain and synchronize the sample code with new versions of CUPS, it also makes it clear what portions of the code are PWG sample code and what portions come from OpenPrinting.

If you already have the ippsample repository cloned, just run the following commands to pull the changes:

    git pull
    git submodule init
    git submodule update

Then do a fresh "./configure" before you run "make".

I still have a few last loose ends to get the Windows builds working again, but that is mainly just a matter of fixing library paths in the ippserver project.

Enjoy!

Michael Sweet