[IPP] NODRIVER: "client-info" for only Job Creation operations, or all operations?

[IPP] NODRIVER: "client-info" for only Job Creation operations, or all operations?

ISTO-PWG Internet Printing Protocol workgroup discussion forum ipp at pwg.org
Wed Feb 23 00:26:46 UTC 2022

Smith,

Given that client-info is OPTIONAL for the Client to supply and (assuming the Client and Printer conform to the Job Accounting BP) the Client obtains explicit consent from the User only to send client-info in Job Creation operations, I don't think we want to go down that road, both for interoperability and legal compliance reasons.