[IPP] Why do MSN2 envelope sizes not have the word "envelope" in them?

[IPP] Why do MSN2 envelope sizes not have the word "envelope" in them?

ISTO-PWG Internet Printing Protocol workgroup discussion forum ipp at pwg.org
Fri Feb 18 15:43:13 UTC 2022

Smith,

I did some digging and found this original MSN1 discussion in the archives:

    https://www.pwg.org/archives/ipp/2001/010090.html

In short, there was a desire to separate media type information from media size information, particularly for the sizes that can be both envelope or plain sheets (ISO B and C series at least).