[IPP] RFC: Definitions of Workgroup, Enterprise, and Production Printers

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Jan 18 17:13:38 UTC 2022

Thanks for this Mike!

I was reading these and one thing that occurred to me is that the Enterprise Printer category is mostly about features supporting a larger volume of users, although finishing is certainly an exception to this. The Production Printer, by contrast, is more about even more sophisticated features and more granular control of those features, and while still having a need for more Job Accounting is usually not supporting access to a large number of users, Print Policies or Release Printing. Does that seem correct?

I also wanted to point out that a "Cloud Workgroup Printer" adds in some of the AAA requirements of Enterprise printer, which drives some of those Enterprise class features into smaller units. Does that seem reasonable? Should we be adding that to the taxonomy as a separate category or as a mix-in?

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    HP Inc.