Below is the complete list of items I would like to add to the (PWG)
Raster. Some we discussed already; some we did not. My principal
justification for the list of items is that a (PWG) Raster file could be
printed in the event a job ticket was not present and produce the print
intent of the end-user. Whether these are new fields or existing CUPS
Raster field does not matter to me.
Just the list - No order of importance is implied
Total Page Count
Duplex - Horizontal Transformed State
Duplex - Vertical Transformed State
Vendor ID number (for vendor only extensions)
Media Size Width
Media Size Height
Spot Color [8 - rgb]
Monochrome Base Color [1-rgb]
Index Colors Value
Print Content Top Offset
Print Content Left Offset
Print Content Type
Raster Data Size
Discussion and range of values
"Total Page Count"
* The total number of page in this (PWG) Raster file.
"Duplex - Horizontal Transformed State"
"Duplex - Vertical Transformed State"
* The layout state of the duplex pages (both the front and back
"Vendor ID number"
* For vendor extensions only
* See http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
* Metric (lsb = ???)
* Inches (lsb = ???)
"Media Size Width"
"Media Size Height"
* Size (in units) of the media
* This allows for new values beyond existing PWG and other
* This will need discussion
* Could be an index into a list created by PWG
* Could be string names of well known (defined) types
* Must be able to handle vendor extensions.
* 8 - rgb values.
"Monochrome Base (saturation) Color"
* 1-rgb value
"Index Colors Value"
* 256 - rgb values (max)
"Print Content Top Offset"
"Print Content Left Offset"
* Note could use proposed bounding box
* Draft, Normal, High
"Print Content Type"
* Text, Text+Graphics (= web), Graphics (typically vector), Photo
"Raster Data Size"
* Total size of raster data to follow.
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...