[IDS] IDS WG Meeting scheduled this week is cancelled!

Alan Sukert ansukert49 at outlook.com
Tue Aug 31 14:57:05 UTC 2021

To all,

The IDS WG Meeting scheduled for this Thursday, Sep 2nd, has to be cancelled because I have to take my wife to the doctor for some tests - she has been in a lot of pain and the doctors can't figure out why.
I was probably going to cancel the meeting anyway because frankly there really wasn't much to discuss anyway:

  1.  For the past two meetings since the Aug 19th Face-to-Face all the HCD iTC has done is review comments to get the HCD cPP and HCD SD Public Review drafts ready. The HCD cPP Public Review draft was completed and ready for public review yesterday and the HCD SD Public Review draft will be ready by Sep 6th.
  2.  The only other things we discussed at yesterday's meeting were (1) the need to keep track of changes to the cPP and SD once the Public Drafts are released and (2) what version number we should give the first published version HCD cPP/SD, because there was a concern if we call it HCD cPP v1.0 customers could be confused between HCD PP v1.0 and HCD cPP v1.0. It is something the HCD iTC will have to work out in the coming months.
  3.  I suspect given how busy Ira is these days that nothing much will change regarding the status of the HCD Security Guidelines until he releases the Sep update he mentioned in his discussion at the Aug 16th Face-to-Face.

Regarding our next meeting, normally it would be in two weeks which would be Sep 16th. However, Sep 16th happens to be Yom Kippur so I will definitely not be available that day. So, our next IDS WG Meeting will be in four weeks on Thursday, Sep 30th at the normal time of 3PM ET, Noon PT.

Ira - The Thursday Sep 2 and Sep 16 time slots are open if IPP wants to use them for meetings.

Alan