IDS> DRAFT: IETF NEA proposal

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Fri Aug 15 14:24:45 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the comments....

I will make the change to the time-source description, removing the
"chip" qualifier, I was just trying to define the value using a
concrete example the NEA guys would understand

I used the phrase "between interfaces" because it's more sellable in
this group - and I think it even applies to your PSTN example. The
PSTN-fax is an interface, any network connection is an "interface",
and you use the term "local interface" which suggests something else,
but it's still an interface. I didn't qualify my use of the term
interface because I wanted it to apply to anything.

If we want to get PSTN-specific, and actually mandate that it's the
PSTN interface we're talking about with regards to forwarding, then I
would create another PSTN forwarding attribute and add it to the HCD
category...

Randy